5011Re: SHSI Ms Jayantika Ganguly

  • Prof. Venugopal bhaskaran nair
    20 Jan 8:27 pm
      sumal,
      No doubt, it is a great achievement.  Really, I feel a bit elated and at the same time, a bit jealous.
      And we must celebrate the occasion.Where and when? Just uinform me and I will be there.
      venu

      On 21 January 2016 at 09:15, sumalsn <no_reply@...> wrote:

      Dear Holmesians,

      It gives us great pleasure to inform all that Ms.Jayantika Ganguly,General secretary of the Sherlock Holmes Society of India has been declared a full and participating member of the Baker Street Irregulars.Her Titular investiture is " The Great Agra Treasure". She is the first Indian to be investitured by the Baker Street Irregulars.

      As you are all well aware,The Baker Street Irregulars is an organization of  Sherlock holmes enthusiasts( much like us!), founded in 1934 by Christopher Morley. The nonprofit organization numbers some 300 individuals worldwide.Formal members are known as investitures, and bear club titles derived from the Holmes stories.It convenes every January in New York, USA for an annual dinner, which forms part of a weekend of celebration and study involving other Sherlockian groups and enthusiasts.

      The BSI is considered the preeminent Sherlockian group in the United States and one of the most preeminent in the world.It does not accept applications for membership. Instead, membership and the awarding of an "Irregular Shilling" are offered to those who have made a name for themselves in local groups or in Sherlockian publications.( Information sourced from www.wikipedia.org.).

      It is a singular honour for Ms Jayantika Ganguly, Secretary General of SHSI and a recognition of the contribution of SHSI in furthering the study of Sherlockiana in India.