5028The Crime Museum Uncovered

  • Tim Symonds
    Mar 11, 2016
      Perhaps the SHS of India could lay on something similar in India!
      The Crime Museum Uncovered
      Open until 10 April 2016

      [The_Krays_-_briefcase_with_syringe_and_poison.jpg]
      [The_Krays_-_briefcase_with_syringe_and_poison.jpg]
      [The_Krays_-_briefcase_with_syringe_and_poison.jpg]
      [The_Krays_-_briefcase_with_syringe_and_poison.jpg]
      For the first time ever, never-before-seen objects from the Metropolitan Police's Crime Museum are on public display in this major exhibition at the Museum of London.
      Since its establishment by serving officers in the mid-1870s the Crime Museum has previously only been open to police professionals and invited guests. Now, using original evidence from this extraordinary collection, we unlock real-life case files to take you on an uneasy journey through some of the UK's most notorious crimes from Dr Crippen to the Krays, the Great Train Robbery to the Millennium Dome diamond heist.
      Created with the support of the Metropolitan Police Service and the Mayor's Office for Policing And Crime (MOPAC), the exhibition considers the changing nature of crime and advances in detection over the last 140 years, as well as the challenges faced in policing the capital, such as terrorism, drugs and rioting.
      Giving voice to the real people - victims, perpetrators and police officers - behind these objects we explore the impact of crime, personalising what is so often depersonalised. Confronting how, as a society, we respond when normality is shattered and lives are torn apart, we are also be forced to question our enduring fascination with this hidden collection and its stories.

      Extended openings
      Friday 1 April, 10am - 9.30pm (last entry 7.30pm)
      Saturday 2 April, 8am - midnight (last entry 10pm)
      Saturday 9 April, 8am - midnight (last entry 10pm)
      Sunday 10 April, 8am - 8pm (last entry 6pm)
      - See more at: http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/london-wall/whats-on/exhibitions-displays/the-crime-museum-uncovered/#sthash.kg5lhMaJ.dpuf