5045RE: SHSI Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot!

  • Philip K Jones
    Apr 26, 2016

      My friends:

      Some years ago I finally figured out why I prefer Sherlockian tales to those involving Poirot.  This may be of interest in this discussion, so I pass it along for what it is worth (NOTHING!  No charge!).

      After considering that question and coming upon an insight, I re-read the Agatha Christie books I had in my Library, to confirm that insight and they completely supported my flash of intuition.  I do NOT LIKE ANY of the characters in any books by Agatha Christie.  Many show interesting or admirable qualities from time to time, but NONE are persons I would wish to meet.  To my mind, that sums up my reaction to all of Ms. Christie's writing.  It may be interesting and gripping, but I can feel NO personal involvement with her characters nor any desire to interact with or to care about them.

      I hope this prompts comment.

      Sincerely:

      Philip K. Jones

      An Illdressed Vagabond