5049Re:: Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot!

    Apr 26, 2016
      Dear Holmesians,
      There are very striking similarities between the two as well. To name a few,
      a) Both their confidants were ex-servicemen, Dr Watson for Sherlock Holmes and Capt Hastings for Hercule Poirot
      b)  Both has close associates in the Police Force, Inspector Lestrade for Sherlock Holmes and Inspector Japp for Hercule Poirot.
      c) There was a "the woman" for them who happened to function beyond the pale of law , Irene Adler for Sherlock Holmes and Countess Vera Rossakoff for Poirot.

      I am sure there are many other similarities which I have omitted. Members may send in their comments to keep it going!