5055RE: SHSI Re:: Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot!

  • Philip K Jones
    Apr 28, 2016
      My friends:

      I have copies of about half of the published Dr. Thorndyke books, that is
      to say, I have sixteen different texts. Many of the Thorndyke tales are
      short stories/novellas, so the actual number of stories runs closer to one
      hundred than to the sixty of the Canon. In addition, these include more
      than a dozen full novels, so Freeman's detective's volume doubles or even
      triples Doyle's.

      As to the quality of Freeman's work, I can only comment that I have only
      once or twice re-read one of the Thorndyke tales, while I have read the
      entire Canon at least seven times.

      Sincerely:

      Philip K. Jones
      An Illdressed Vagabond