5057Re:: Re: Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot!

    Apr 28, 2016
      Dear Sajan sir and Holmesians,
      Ah! I do agree that we had discussed this before but I suppose that is the part of the package, to discuss the same thing and throw fresh light on it.
       I agree with you on the issue of research  but I feel that Agatha Christie's works had a very set pattern to it.
      The murders were generally in a  country house amidst the wealthy set. Her writing pace is glacially slow and the plot moves through the use of dialogue.All the suspects gather at a location where the detective delivers his denouement.It is very predictable and the pattern seems to be unvaried.
      Agatha Christie never possibly depised Hercule Poriot  contrary to  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I agree that she was a careful writer but not necessarily an interesting one owing to an element of repetition. It is very predictable and the pattern seems to be unvaried.It is understandable due to her body of work (detective fiction) being vaster than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.