5086Fw: Please support and inform: Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes in Switzerland (Projekt - final phase)

  • SHSI Editors
    Jun 6, 2016

      Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      On Monday, June 6, 2016, 17:50, DtSHGes - O. Maurer <dshc221b@...> wrote:

      Dear Sherlocian friends!

      we managed it:
      The Doyle / Sherlockian Guide to Switzerland is ready for printing:

      Sherlock Holmes as well as his creator Arthur Conan Doyle are inevitably connected to Switzerland.
      Many times Doyle and his first wife Louise travelled to Switzerland, especially to Swiss health resorts, as Mary Louise suffered from tuberculosis. While his wife received treatment he spent month after month with travelling, hiking and sports. He is regarded as pioneer of the ski sports in Switzerland, especially in Davos. During his travels he also visited the Bernese Oberland where he came across the small village called Meiringen. Impressed by the Great Falls of Reichenbach, he regarded this as a worthy spot to end the “life” of the annoying detective.

      For a long time, it was our intention to examine in detail Doyle’s time in Switzerland and to highlight the parallels and the influence of those travels on Doyle’s writing. What we created is a travel guide – but it is more than that. This guide is unique. It provides detailed descriptions of Doyle’s travels and his valuable influence on the sustainable tourisms of Switzerland. With the aid of Doyle’s personal letters and diaries, we are able to identify not only the villages he visited but also the hotels in which he stayed. Each travel account is followed by complete hotel descriptions and addresses.

      Please share and inform your Sherlockian friends and followers. Help us to get this unique guide project finished.

      The book will come in hard-cover with approximately 504 full colour pages. Its size will be 16x12cm. It is written in German and English, with reversible cover.

      The best support would be to buying our book.
      Additionally, it would be most helpful, if you could share this campaign with your friends and colleagues. Every single “like” and every single “share” on the different social networks brings us closer to our goal.

      mit besten Sherlockianischen Grüßen

      Olaf Maurer

      Deutsche Sherlock-Holmes-Gesellschaft
      Wanderstrasse 31 - DE 67071 Ludwigshafen am Rhein

      Official Partner of the Conan Doyle Estate Ltd.
      Official Ambassador of the Undershaw Preservation Trust

      Elite BSI Scion Society

      Publisher of The Baker Street Chronicle

      Wir sind auch bei Facebook www.facebook.com/dtshges und www.facebook.com/BakerStreetChronicle