5155Re: SHSI Raffles -The Amateur Cracksman

  • Ron Lies
    18 Apr

      Dear, Sumalsn, I have the book you talked about. I read so long ago I do not remember too much of it. I do remember I liked it better then the pastiches about Raffles I have read. I had developed an affection for Raffles and  i was sorry about the ending. I was hoping to read more. Ron aka the Game is Afoot. I am glad to be talking with a brother member of the Sherlock Holmes Society of India. I hope you and the society are doing well and enjoying  good health. Ron aka One for whom is always Afoot.

      On 4/18/2017 12:30 AM, sumalsn wrote:

      Dear Holmesians,

      Have your read any books by EW Hornung, who is best known for writing the  A.J. Raffles series about the “gentleman thief”?

      In 1893,EW Hornung  also became the brother-in-law of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle  when he  married Constance Doyle, the sister of Arthur Conan Doyle.

      In 1899, "The Amateur Cracksman" was published, a series of short stories about A.J. Raffles.

      The book was dedicated  to  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: “To A.C.D. This form of flattery”.