99Re: [sherlock holmes society of india] Re: SH and India

  • Nikhil Ojha
    Jun 24, 2003
      One addition - "Twisted Lip" (Memoirs, I think) may also have had reference
      to India.

      Small note of introduction - I've not been "current" with the Canon for
      10-12 years or so now but remain an ardent fan of the Master and thoroughly
      enjoy eavesdropping on the exchanges between more frequent contributors. One
      of these days, I'm going to brush up on the litterature again and hopefully
      join the likes of Mark and Ashoke in increasing the traffic.

      Nikhil

      PS: And, if there's no story called "The Adventure of The Twisted Lip" - or
      if I'm confusing it with some other story (not an unimaginable possibility),
      my apologies. The one I'm talking about has a hunched soldier - wronged by
      his comrade who left him for dead and then married the sweetheart - who says
      "Elsie, it is you" or something in a beautiful Sidney Paget sketch. And even
      if I'm completely off the mark, I feel less guilty now for having made a
      contribution to this e-group!