I did not like the Guy Richie version of Sherlock Holmes

  • Mihir
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2011
      I did not like the Guy Richie version of Sherlock Holmes-Jermey Brett,Peter Cushing and Basil Rathbone were better
    • Nishanth Surendran
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2011
        well the guy richie version is quiet diff frm doyle's holmes i think. richie's holmes is kinda nerdish. yeah i too preferred jeremy brett.

      • KUMAR BHATIA
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2011
          Mihir Lochan's opinion about Guy Richie's Holmes , is so right .
          The entire movie gives the impression of being a video-game , only with
          human actors !
          I will certainly NOT watch SH-2 ( Guy Richie again ) which threatens to
          be released shortly.
          As to , who is the better Holmes , Basil Rathbone , Jeremy Brett ,Peter
          Cushing ,or one the many actors who have played the Master ; that is a
          matter of personal choice and opinion .
          On the subject of actors who have played Holmes , I would draw the
          attention of my Sherlockian friends to Vasily Livanov , and his
          commendable portrayal of Holmes in the Russian version .
          Look him up on Wikipidea , as well as
          http://www.bakerstreetdozen.com/russianholmes.html.
          Kumar Bhatia