Dramatised reading of The Adventure of The Priory School in Delhi

  • Prajakta Hebbar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2013
      I got this press-release in my mail the other day.
      Akshara Theatre's stuff is usually pretty interesting :)

      Cheers!

      --
      Prajakta Hebbar
      Correspondent (Features)

      akshara Theatre presents

      SHERLOCK HOLMES

      in*
      *

      *THE ADVENTURE OF THE PRIORY SCHOOL*

      * *a dramatised book reading directed by Jalabala Vaidya & Gopal Sharman**

      Sunday July 14 & Saturday July 27, 7:30pm

      Attention mystery lovers! Akshara Theatre is presenting a dramatized book
      reading of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle�s *Sherlock Holmes: In The Adventure of
      the Priory School* on Sunday July 14. The enigmatic detective is played by
      Sunit Tandon while director Jalabala Vaidya plays Dr. Watson. The thrilling
      adventure is set on the purple moors of northern England and involves a
      missing school boy, his aristocratic father the Duke of Holderness (played
      by Vikalp Mudgal); principal Thorneycroft Huxtable (played by Rajan
      Narain) and the inscrutable James Wilder (played by Angad Thakur) . The
      programe is in English. Duration 75 mintes. As always, audience and cast
      members will mingle over the Akshara�s famous tomato soup at the end of the
      show.

      Date: Sunday, 14 July, 2013 & Saturday 27 July, 2013 at 7.30pm.

      Place: Akshara Theatre, 11 B, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, New Delhi (next to
      RML Hospital).

      Tickets: Rs.150 available at Akshara Theatre & www.bookmyshow.com

    • sajan venniyoor
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
        Are there any SHSI members in Delhi who'd like to attend this event?

        If Akshara Theatre's 'famous tomato soup' doesn't quite take your fancy,
        there are a number of pleasant watering holes (even some like the
        "forbidding and squalid inn" of The Priory School) in and around Connaught
        Place. In terms of appealing squalour, My
        Bar<http://www.thedelhiwalla.com/2010/06/06/city-landmark-%E2%80%93-my-bar-paharganj/>in
        Paharganj comes to mind.

        Sajan

        *Dramatised reading of The Adventure of The Priory School in Delhi*
        Posted by: "Prajakta Hebbar" prajakta.hebbar@... mailpraj
        Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:41 am

        Date: Sunday, 14 July, 2013 & Saturday 27 July, 2013 at 7.30pm.

        Place: Akshara Theatre, 11 B, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, New Delhi (next to
        RML Hospital).

        Tickets: Rs.150 available at Akshara Theatre & www.bookmyshow.com

      • shsieditors
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
          It would be lovely if someone covered it for the next e-magazine issue!

          Also, a reminder for the puzzle contest (The Five Orange Pips) - we've got only one correct answer so far and there are ten prizes to be won! Hurry!

          Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

          Date: Sunday, 14 July, 2013 & Saturday 27 July, 2013 at 7.30pm.

          Place: Akshara Theatre, 11 B, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, New Delhi (next to
          RML Hospital).

          Tickets: Rs.150 available at Akshara Theatre & www.bookmyshow.com

        • Tim Symonds
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
            When members meet up in Mumbai, why not start sketching out the plot of a Sherlock Holmes novel (set in India?) which four or five of you could combine to write collectively - a chapter or two each?

            As ever

            Tim

            Date: Sunday, 14 July, 2013 & Saturday 27 July, 2013 at 7.30pm.

            Place: Akshara Theatre, 11 B, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, New Delhi (next to RML Hospital).

            Tickets: Rs.150 available at Akshara Theatre & www.bookmyshow.com

          • ruling_jay
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
              Great idea, I'm all for it! Who else wants to team up and write?

              Date: Sunday, 14 July, 2013 & Saturday 27 July, 2013 at 7.30pm.