Sherlock Holmes in Japan (and Bombay and Patna and Gaya and Calcutta! :-))

  • VM
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hi Folks

      My book Sherlock Holmes in Japan is finally out.  I see that it is all over the place - flipkart, infibeam, crosswords etc.

      http://www.flipkart.com/sherlock-holmes-japan/p/itmdkv85gnu4zzdd?pid=9789350296691
      http://www.infibeam.com/Books/sherlock-holmes-japan-vasudev-murthy/9789350296691.html

      May be taking its time getting to actual stores.

      SHSI members in Bangalore - please call me at 9986680400 to get involved in the launch in 2-3 weeks if you like. I am looking forward to a panel discussion and other possibilities!

      I hope you will consider acquiring it and I shall look forward to your views on the story and certain liberties I have taken!  When you form an opinion, do share here and on goodreads.

      http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17951162-sherlock-holmes-in-japan

      Thank you for reading this message!

      Regards

      Vasudev Murthy (Akira Yamashita)

      Sherlock Holmes in Japan, HarperCollins,
      What the Raags told me,Rupa
      Effective Proposal Writing, Sage
      The Time Merchants and other strange tales, LiFi

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 20, 2013
          The book's also been mentioned in the latest District Messenger #334. Drop a line if you'd like a copy.

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 28, 2013
            On 17 July 2013 09:18, VM <vmurthy2@...> wrote:

            > My book Sherlock Holmes in Japan is finally out. I see that it is all
            > over the place - flipkart, infibeam, crosswords etc.
            >

            > I hope you will consider acquiring it and I shall look forward to your
            > views on the story and certain liberties I have taken! When you form an
            > opinion, do share here and on goodreads.

            I find a lot of historical and geographical inaccuracies in the book. Are
            these intentional or oversights? I am not too sure of the "oversight"
            theory, as some of these are very easily verifiable. I'm not posting a list
            here as there could be spoilers.

          • VM
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 28, 2013
              Binand

              Thank you for taking the time to read. You are welcome to let me know about the observed inaccuracies by a separate email if you wish. I can tell you if they were liberties or actual errors.

              Regards
              Vasudev Murthy

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 29, 2013
                Dear All:

                The last date for the puzzle contest (The Five Orange Pips) submissions is tomorrow. Please refer to page 36-39 of the e-magazine for the same. It's still up on the blog.

                Do send in your entries.

                Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 31, 2013
                  On 30 August 2013 09:45, <ruling_jay@...> wrote:

                  > The last date for the puzzle contest (The Five Orange Pips) submissions is
                  > tomorrow. Please refer to page 36-39 of the e-magazine for the same. It's
                  > still up on the blog.

                  Let us have the results! Yay!!

                • Mathangi S
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
                    Waiting for the answers! :)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
                      Here are the answers: http://www.sherlockholmessociety.in/2013/09/the-five-orange-pips-answers.html

                      And the winners are: Pucca Holmesian S. Mathangi and Pucca Holmesian Binand Sethumadhavan - congratulations to you both!

                      Both of you have won a prize - send me your postal addresses, and it will be sent to you.

                      We still have two more contests running - the story and art contests. Send in your entries by the required deadlines. And since several people have not been able to track the contests featuring in our e-magazine, here's a link with the details - http://www.sherlockholmessociety.in/2013/09/contests.html

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 2, 2013
                        You wouldn't publish the winning/all entries?

                        Binand