Sherlock Holmes and PGW (v2)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2013
      Few days back we had discussed this topic. Now, as I read P. G. Wodehouse's book, "Indiscretions of Archie", I find this précis of The Speckled Band:

      "The tale (...) deals with the activities of an ingenious gentleman who kept a snake, and used to loose it into people's bedrooms as a preliminary to collecting on their insurance."

      A character in the book is reading this story, and his experience while doing so is a crucial plot point. Read here:

      (Search for "Sherlock", and read forward about 10 paragraphs)