The Holmes Sutra

  • riju_cs
    Message 1 of 3 , 2 Jan 6:29 pm
      Dear Holmesians/Sherlockians,

      I have received the above-mentioned book yesterday, courtesy Flipkart. A proper review would be up at Goodreads later, but I thought that at least the first impressions should be shared with you, and hence this mail.

      It's a beautiful book: slim, stylish, eye-friendly and ornate. It is chock full of interesting observations made by Holmes from time-to-time, backed up by further observations from the canon, and the BBC "Sherlock" (which has developed such a cult following that very soon the scripts of the shows might get transcribed into a "new canon"). And, it's an essential read for anyone who likes to read adventures involving the Great Detective. Highly Recommended.

      My only lamentation remain that the copy didn't come with any inscription or signature of the author.

      Happy New Year, and it ought to begin with this book.

      RIJU GANGULY
    • ruling_jay
      Message 2 of 3 , 2 Jan 7:46 pm
        Oh, thank you, thank you! You're very kind!

        If you're in Kolkata, I'll be happy to sign the book and treat you to a muffin at Flurry's! Or that new French place next door. :)

        Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

        From: <riju_cs@...>
        Sender: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
        Date: 02 Jan 2014 18:29:07 -0800
        To: <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...>
        ReplyTo: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
        Subject: SHSI The Holmes Sutra

        Message 3 of 3 , 2 Jan 10:26 pm
          Hello, all!

          Just sharing a rather interesting article sent to me by a doctor friend - I'm putting up the pdf file; there are images and won't be much fun of I pasted the text here.

          Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQc1QYI_r9RZzVjbmZPX0xpQjg/edit?usp=sharing

          Cheers and welcome to the Year of Sherlock (that's what I'm calling it anyway),