Re: Fwd: Happy BirthdayMr. Holmes

  • Balaji Narasimhan
    Message 1 of 2 , 7 Jan 4:05 am
      Binand,

      ///
      Sherlock Holmes consistently
      eschewed
      pseudosciences and
      superstition in favour of
      rational and scientific
      reasoning. :-)
      ///

      One of my hobbies is Jyotish and I have written one piece on Sherlock Holmes and the nakshatras of Vesuvius. It's on my blog and in the print version of Sleight of Fate.

      The methods that Holmes uses in the Canon are similar to what astrologers use in Jyotish.

      Balaji
      Message 2 of 2 , 7 Jan 5:26 am
        On 7 January 2014 17:35, Balaji Narasimhan <sherlockbalaji@...> wrote:
        > The methods that Holmes uses in the Canon are similar to what astrologers use in Jyotish.

        Er... since it is something you hold dear but my view of is highly
        skeptical, let us drop this discussion here. :-)