Brigadier Gerrard stories

  • dick.g@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 3 , 18 Jan 4:06 am
      A friend of mine asked me the other day if I had read any of the Brigadier Gerrard series of books written by ACD. I had to admit that I didn't even know they existed! Have any other members read them?

      Kind regards,

      Dick
      Message 2 of 3 , 18 Jan 9:07 am
        Nope, never heard of him! And only have a rather limited idea about Professor Challenger and barely recall The Lost World.

        Someone told me recently that Sir Arthur had written about ten books on spiritualism as well. I'm afraid I'm a bit of an ostrich where non-Sherlock literature by Sir Arthur is concerned.

        General Secretary & Editor
        Sherlock Holmes Society of India

        On Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:36 PM, "dick.g@..." <dick.g@...> wrote:

        A friend of mine asked me the other day if I had read any of the Brigadier Gerrard series of books written by ACD. I had to admit that I didn't even know they existed! Have any other members read them?

        Kind regards,

        Dick

      • sridhar C
        Message 3 of 3 , 18 Jan 6:13 pm
          I seem to remember reading one of these...can't remember if it was a novel or a biggish novella though. It involved Gerard getting caught by the British and something about a prison. There was also some kind of love triangle in it somewhere. I'll see if I can locate it online.

          C. Sridhar

          All that is gold does not glitter,
          Not all those who wander are lost;
          The old that is strong does not wither,