Enquiry

  • Aditya Pandey
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 29, 2014

      I was asked to provide my postal address to deliver some certificate. I want to know which type of certificate is to delivered?

      Sent from Samsung Mobile
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 29, 2014
        For your contribution to the e-magazine.

        Could some of the recipients respond, please? I sent out the first lot about two weeks ago; the Indian addresses ought to have received them by now.

        On Monday, June 30, 2014 12:50 AM, "Aditya Pandey aditya08pandey1996@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

        I was asked to provide my postal address to deliver some certificate. I want to know which type of certificate is to delivered?

        Sent from Samsung Mobile

      • Prajakta Hebbar
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 29, 2014

          I'm lost, sorry. Did I forget to pay for something?

          Prajakta Hebbar

          On 30 Jun 2014 10:43, "Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

          For your contribution to the e-magazine.

          Could some of the recipients respond, please? I sent out the first lot about two weeks ago; the Indian addresses ought to have received them by now.

          On Monday, June 30, 2014 12:50 AM, "Aditya Pandey aditya08pandey1996@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

          I was asked to provide my postal address to deliver some certificate. I want to know which type of certificate is to delivered?

          Sent from Samsung Mobile

        • aditya08pandey1996
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1, 2014
            Hello,
            I haven't got any post or certificate at my postal address.
          • aditya08pandey1996
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 1, 2014
              Hello,
              Till when i am suppose to get it? Coz i was asked abt my postal address one week ago.
            • Ron Lies
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 1, 2014
                I have not received any item in the mail either, Ron Lies
                On 7/1/2014 9:32 PM, aditya08pandey1996 aditya08pandey1996@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] wrote:

                Hello,
                Till when i am suppose to get it? Coz i was asked abt my postal address one week ago.

              • SHSI Editors
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 2, 2014
                  Aditya - God, give it a few days, would you? As I've said, I just had it posted a couple of days back. Only metros get it this fast; yours will take time.

                  Ron - yours went in the earlier lot, but given it has to go all the way to USA - it'll still be a few weeks, I assume.

                  Deepak - your calendar should reach you in a day or two. Since you were the first (and only) person to book the calendar and pay for it, I've thrown in a couple of posters for you. One is a (extra?) large version of the gorgeous SHSI brand designed by Petr Kopl, and the other is a mid-large pencil-art for SHSI by Marilena Duca. Please confirm when you receive the package.

                  Prajakta/Satyajit - I have booked desired copies of the calendar for you. You can pay me at the Annual Meet.

                  Professor - your calendars are with Sumalji; please pay him when you collect them from him.

                  Everyone else - I am not getting any further calendars made unless I receive upfront payment and a duly filled registration form.

                  Re e-magazine freebies: I am finally taking Sumalji's advice. No more freebies to everyone. It is becoming too much of a hassle for me (not to mention expensive). Only the best couple of entries will get goodies from now on. Who decides the best ones? I do, in consultation with Sumalji.

                  Re: Annual Meet #2: We've got 4 attendees so far. Whoever else is interested in coming, please fill up the registration form and make your payment to Satyajit and Sumalji. If you want a calendar as well - indicate the same in the form and send me the payment for the calendar only. In case anyone is still confused regarding payments, this is the situation:

                  1. You want to attend the Annual Meet and want to buy the SHSI Calendar - pay Rs 500 to Satyajit/Sumalji and Rs 250 per calendar to me (assuming you will pick it up at the Annual Meet)
                  2. You will attend the Annual Meet but do not want a calendar - Just pay Rs 500 to Satyajit/Sumalji
                  3. You will not attend the Annual Meet but want a calendar to be sent to you - Pay Rs 335 to me for calendar + shipping. For international shipping, add Rs 200 extra to that.
                  4. You are neither attending the Annual Meet nor want a calendar - Relax - I shall not nag you.

                  If you are still lost, please get in touch with our newly appointed Treasurer - Satyajit Gupta.

                  Hope to see some new faces in August.

                  Regards
                  Jay

                  SHSI Editors
                  Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 2, 2014
                    Excuse me!!
                    I only know abt some certificate nt abt any calender and i dnt want dat calendar coz i dnt need it.
                    Nd sorry for the inconvenience caused to u.
                  • Prajakta Hebbar
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 2, 2014
                      Jay,

                      Thank you so much for keeping one calender aside for me.
                      Where can I see the poster images? If they are available, I'd like to buy them as well.
                      Pls pls pls keep some goodies aside for me! I don't mind paying for them at all :) Just let me know how much.
                      I have filled the form, and am looking forward to seeing everyone in August.

                      Yaay!

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 2, 2014

                        On 2 July 2014 13:24, SHSI Editors shsieditors@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:
                        Everyone else - I am not getting any further calendars made unless I receive upfront payment and a duly filled registration form.

                        I just filled in the form. I will make the payment presently. Please don't skip me! :-)

                        Binand
                      • SHSI Editors
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jul 2, 2014
                          Aditya; Request you to read your emails carefully. You are not getting a calendar; the only people getting a calendar are the ones who (i) helped compile it, and (ii) have paid for it. You are simply getting a certificate for your contribution to the e-magazine (and some freebies because the editor suffers from random and inexplicable bursts of generosity). So relax. Package has been posted.

                          Prajakta: Look forward to seeing you, too! Certainly, I'll get a few posters along. (I always have a few handy; I totally adore them. Will send you images separately.) Adding "sale of SHSI goodies" to the discussion agenda for the Annual Meet! :)

                          Binand: Received and booked - many thanks! Will mail you when I post it. :) :)

                          On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Binand Sethumadhavan binand@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

                          On 2 July 2014 13:24, SHSI Editors shsieditors@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:
                          Everyone else - I am not getting any further calendars made unless I receive upfront payment and a duly filled registration form.

                          I just filled in the form. I will make the payment presently. Please don't skip me! :-)

                          Binand

                        • Deepak Mehta

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jul 2, 2014
                                Hi Jay,

                                I have filled in the registration form, and have mailed an e-gift voucher to you. The Flipkart Order Id is OD40703033806. As I will not be attending the annual meet, and want the calendar to be posted to me, the e-gift voucher is for Rs. 335.

                                Please confirm. Thanks in advance.

                                Regards,
                                Ravi.

                                On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM, SHSI Editors shsieditors@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

[...]

                                The music that can deepest reach,
                                And cure all ill, is cordial speech.
                                -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Writer & Philosopher (1803-1882)