Sherlock Holmes: INTP or INTJ

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2014
      Dear All

      Was drawn into a very interesting discussion last night with a couple of avid Sherlockians. We were just fooling around with the Myers-Briggs personality test, and got pulled into the debate on whether Sherlock Holmes was INTP (Analyst/Architect) or INTJ (Analyst/Mastermind) - or, as one scholar has suggested, ISTP (Explorer/Craftsman).

      Apparently there isn't much conflict over Dr Watson - who's supposed to be an ISFJ (Sentinel/Protector).

      Thoughts?

      You can take one of the free versions of the test at: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test - plenty of others are available, too. It's fairly interesting.