Detective Byomkesh Bakshy -The movie

  • KUMAR BHATIA
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2015
      Dear Sachin ,
      Thanks for the very apt review of the movie .
      Yes . Nikos Andrtsakis' Cinematography complements Vandana Kataria's excellent production design which has captured
      wartime Calcutta so authentically
      Swatika's "Mata Hari " was superb .
      And infusing contemporary music in a period drama was an interesting twist.
      Full marks to Dibakar  Banarjee , for putting it all together so admirably ,
      Except for the last, gory , half hour which was totally avoidable .
      Will watch it again to discover what one usually misses on the "first viewing "

      Look forward to comments from fellow members .
      Kumar Bhatia

      On Sunday, 5 April 2015, Sachin Chatte sachingoa@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Thanks for posting the link Kumar, am sure any of our members here would have written a better piece than the one published in Hindustan times . There were some unintentionally silly gems  (Byomkesh uses his intelligence and adept skills to solve the cases. What did Holmes use then ?) and this (Here are six points where Byomkesh Bakshy is different from Sherlock Holmes. Detective Byomkesh Bakshy is original).

      I must confess I am not familiar with the stories of Byomkesh (I have seen Basu Chatterjee's tv series though) but it clearly looks like a derivative of Holmes, with the added Bengali essence.

      Since it was mentioned, here is my review of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (sachinchatte.blogspot.in/2015/04/film-review-detective-byomkesh-bakshy.html)

      Sachin