Ms Jayantika Ganguly

    Message 1 of 10 , 20 Jan 7:45 pm

      Dear Holmesians,

      It gives us great pleasure to inform all that Ms.Jayantika Ganguly,General secretary of the Sherlock Holmes Society of India has been declared a full and participating member of the Baker Street Irregulars.Her Titular investiture is " The Great Agra Treasure". She is the first Indian to be investitured by the Baker Street Irregulars.

      As you are all well aware,The Baker Street Irregulars is an organization of  Sherlock holmes enthusiasts( much like us!), founded in 1934 by Christopher Morley. The nonprofit organization numbers some 300 individuals worldwide.Formal members are known as investitures, and bear club titles derived from the Holmes stories.It convenes every January in New York, USA for an annual dinner, which forms part of a weekend of celebration and study involving other Sherlockian groups and enthusiasts.

      The BSI is considered the preeminent Sherlockian group in the United States and one of the most preeminent in the world.It does not accept applications for membership. Instead, membership and the awarding of an "Irregular Shilling" are offered to those who have made a name for themselves in local groups or in Sherlockian publications.( Information sourced from www.wikipedia.org.).

      It is a singular honour for Ms Jayantika Ganguly, Secretary General of SHSI and a recognition of the contribution of SHSI in furthering the study of Sherlockiana in India.

    • vasudev murthy

        Message 3 of 10 , 20 Jan 8:04 pm
          Thanks, Sumal ji! That's very kind of you!

          Cheers
          Jay

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Prof. Venugopal bhaskaran nair
          Message 4 of 10 , 20 Jan 8:27 pm
            sumal,
            No doubt, it is a great achievement.  Really, I feel a bit elated and at the same time, a bit jealous.
            And we must celebrate the occasion.Where and when? Just uinform me and I will be there.
            venu

            On 21 January 2016 at 09:15, sumalsn <no_reply@...> wrote:

[...]

          • Sridhar C
            Message 5 of 10 , 20 Jan 10:58 pm
              Congratulations, Ms. Ganguly!

              C. Sridhar

              All that is gold does not glitter,
              Not all those who wander are lost;
              The old that is strong does not wither,
            • Ravi
              Message 6 of 10 , 21 Jan 2:17 am
                Heartiest Congratulation, Jayantika! May you be the torch-bearer of SHSI in "the Master's own country" !! :)

                Cheers,
                Ravi.

                On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Sridhar C cs_gollum@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

                Congratulations, Ms. Ganguly!

                C. Sridhar

                All that is gold does not glitter,
                Not all those who wander are lost;
                The old that is strong does not wither,

                The music that can deepest reach,
                And cure all ill, is cordial speech.
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Writer & Philosopher (1803-1882)
              • Deepak Mehta
                Message 7 of 10 , 21 Jan 3:24 am
                  Congratulations Jay.

                  Wish I could be there (even as a fly on the wall !!!) when all you Holmesians meet. The conversation must be worth going miles to hear....

                  Deepak K Mehta - a SH fan

                  On Thursday, 21 January 2016 3:47 PM, "Ravi muzikbuff@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

                  Heartiest Congratulation, Jayantika! May you be the torch-bearer of SHSI in "the Master's own country" !! :)

                  Cheers,
                  Ravi.

                  On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Sridhar C cs_gollum@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

                  Congratulations, Ms. Ganguly!

                  C. Sridhar

                  All that is gold does not glitter,
                  Not all those who wander are lost;
                  The old that is strong does not wither,

                  The music that can deepest reach,
                  And cure all ill, is cordial speech.
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Writer & Philosopher (1803-1882)

                • Noufal Ibrahim KV
                  Message 8 of 10 , 21 Jan 3:29 am
                    Capital news! Congratulations Jayantika!

                    Message 9 of 10 , 21 Jan 6:40 am
                      Thank you, everyone! Your wishes warm my heart! Though Sherlock would probably start off with his "grit in the lens" and "fly in the ointment" thing!

                      I am, of course, over the moon. It's a great honour for me to be a BSI member...and the first Indian, at that!

                      Let me also take this opportunity to announce a new project. Sumalji and a few others are already aware of it, and I've discussed it with the BSI publishers. BSI has this "BSI international series" dealing with the nexus between Sherlock Holmes and the world. The latest one is Sherlock and Spain. We're going to be working on an India volume. Whoever is interested in contributing to this volume, please email me separately and we'll discuss your idea and take it forward accordingly.

                      Cheers
                      Jay

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 10 , 21 Jan 7:06 am
                        On Thu, Jan 21 2016, Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] wrote:

                        > Thank you, everyone! Your wishes warm my heart! Though Sherlock would probably start off with his "grit in the lens" and "fly in the ointment" thing!
                        >
                        > I am, of course, over the moon. It's a great honour for me to be a BSI member...and the first Indian, at that!
                        >
                        > Let me also take this opportunity to announce a new project. Sumalji
                        > and a few others are already aware of it, and I've discussed it with
                        > the BSI publishers. BSI has this "BSI international series" dealing
                        > with the nexus between Sherlock Holmes and the world. The latest one
                        > is Sherlock and Spain. We're going to be working on an India
                        > volume.

                        I'd love to know more about this. Please elaborate?

                        [...]