Fwd: 2016 John H Watson Society Treasure Hunt Invitation

  • SHSI Editors
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2016

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Treasure Hunt <treasurehunt@...>
      Date: Monday 6 June 2016
      Subject: 2016 John H Watson Society Treasure Hunt Invitation
      To: shsieditors@...

      Halloa!  Sherlockians, Holmesians and Watsonians—

                  With the August 1 kick-off nearing, teams are forming among Sherlockians all over the world for the 4th Annual John H. Watson Society Canonical Treasure Hunt. We invite you to join in the fun!

      In 2015, teams from the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy and France earned honors in the competition, along with three amazing individual competitors who braved the difficulty alone. These quiz masters have set a high-bar for this year’s competition.  Are you up to the challenge?

      In keeping with JHWS tradition, this 4th treasure hunt will be a difficult 100-question quiz designed to challenge your knowledge of Sherlock Holmes, Dr. John Watson, and their greater world.  Individual competitors and teams (up to five members) are invited to compete. The competition is open from August 1 through September 1, 2016.   While most answers will be no more than two to ten words, the questions are not easy.

      The JHWS hopes participants will find the treasure hunt to be the definitive and most enjoyable canonical quiz. And there are awards! The first participant in each category to submit the most correct answers will receive a small, unique and distinctive award from the JHWS. Enjoyment of international bragging rights is a plus, and encouraged.  A list of past winners can be found at www.johnhwatsonsociety.com/treasure-hunt/results .

      A list of the rules for the competition, along with a list of recommended resources for competitors, can be found on the treasure hunt page at www.johnhwatsociety.com. Please send any questions to treasurehunt@...; I will respond to your questions as quickly as possible. The goal of the treasure hunt is to bring together Watsonians, Sherlockians, and Holmesians on a global, collegial basis to further the scholarship and enjoyment of our mutual interest in all things 1895.

      Please share the word about the 2016 treasure hunt. Participation grows each year—we look forward to 2016 being our biggest year yet.

      Thank you for your time and interest,

      Margie Deck

      JHWS ‘GWEN’

      2016 Treasure hunt Master

      “Come, Watson, come!...The game is afoot! Not a word! Into your clothes and come!”

      Sherlock Holmes, ABBE

      --
      SHSI Editors
      Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge

    • SHSI Editors
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2016

        So, who all are participating? Teams can be formed with up to five people. You can team up with anyone you want, from people at home to people on the other side of the globe.

        Cheers
        Jay