Detective Fiction- A wonderful article!

    Message 1 of 2 , 11 Apr

      Dear Holmesians,

      It is quite some time since I posted on the group.I happened to read an  article on detective fiction by Shri Sandipan Deb. He has analysed two schools of detective fiction exceedingly well.Please go through it at the link below

      http://www.livemint.com/Sundayapp/mMBslyko3z2zi14CTobFuL/The-beauty-of-a-good-detective-story.html

      Message 2 of 2 , 11 Apr
        I very recently started reading Mary Roberts Rinehart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Roberts_Rinehart). "The Circular Staircase" reasonably fits the mould the author creates for American detective fiction, but was published in 1908 - a full 12 years before the prohibition in America (the reason the author cites for the big differences between American and British detective fiction).

        (It is a long article, I will read it at leisure later).

        Binand