Riding crop as a weapon of choice!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2017

      Dear Holmesians,

      Can any members tell us in how many adventures of Sherlock Holmes, "the riding crop" features prominently as Sherlock Holmes' weapon?

      Regards

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2017
        Dear Holmesians,
        The answer to my question regarding mentions of " Riding Crop" as a weapon of choice by Sherlock Holmes is as follows,

        - Holmes carries a riding crop , threatening to thrash a swindler with it in "A Case of Identity".

        - With a "hunting crop", Holmes knocks a pistol from John Clay's hand in "The Red-Headed League".
        - drives off the adder in "The Adventure of the Speckled Band".

        -In "The Six Napoleans ", he uses his crop (described as his favourite weapon) to break open one of the plaster busts.

      • Ron Lies