Re: what is NEFA?

  • s_himanshu2001
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 20, 2001
      NEFA is North East Folklore Archive
    • micha137
      Message 2 of 26 , Aug 24, 2001
        thanks for your reply.<br><br>meanwhile i found "north east(ern) frontier area/agency". what about this meaning?
      • balagopalnair
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 8, 2001
          NEFA is north east frontier Agency.<br><br>this
          is not in existence now.<br>this is Balagopal Nair
          and I spent seven years in shillong. I worked at a
          bank in Laithumkhrah forseven yearts and made a lot of
          friends. Later I moved to my home state,Kerala.
        • micha137
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 8, 2001
            thank you. i read last week, that it was renamed to Arunachal Pradesh in 1971. But i still wonder, where this name NEFA came from...
          • balagopalnair
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 10, 2001
              Why this big interest inNEFA of all places,Dear.It is not even in existence now.Since Shillong does not have a train station, the Shillong city bus terminal is still called SHILLONG OUT AGENCY.
            • micha137
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 17, 2001
                interest in nefa because want to be able to talk sensibly. hvae heard nefa exists with it's name since 1947, at this time as part of assam.
              • balagopalnair
                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 26, 2001
                  Osama is going...BOOM.....Boooom.<br><br>America..Save the kids.But Osama*s gonna go.BoooomBoooom.
                • pyndap
                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 30, 2001
                    america stop humiliating the poorer countries.
                  • balagopalnair
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 3, 2001
                      America.....If you have a bomb that doesnt kill
                      kids or maim kids, then use it.<br>But its always the
                      same. Always the innocent kids.<br>Though I have a
                      martial tradition, it always makes me sad.To see kids
                      hurt. War is hell. America. Land your green berets and
                      take Osama.<br>SAVE THE KIDS......PLEASE.
                    • micha137
                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 3, 2001
                        they don't need to listen to you here. take their power <a href=http://attac.org/ target=new>http://attac.org/</a>
                      • subir_00
                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 20, 2001
                          Can anyone please help me for getting freelance
                          assignment (homebased) in (1) Total Website Solution from
                          designing to uploading .... (2) Data entry jobwork under
                          dos/unix/windows based software.<br><br>Please help me by
                          providing me direct and indirect resource for which I shall
                          remain ever grateful to all of you<br><br>thanks
                        • laban_01
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 25, 2002
                            I am looking for my school friends who used to
                            go<br>to Laban Bengali Gilrl's High School in
                            Shillong,<br>Laban during early 70s, When Pratima di was the
                            Head<br>teacher. I am living in abroad for past two decades
                            and<br>desparetely want to contact.<br>Thanks for reading
                          • raphael123in
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 27, 2002
                              i have recieved your message but I am sorry to say that i was studying at your school and I was in calcuuta for the past 16 yrs.do try out somemore.<br>Thanks.<br>Regards,Dominic raphael
                            • rfwp1980
                              Message 14 of 26 , Feb 1, 2002
                                Iam from shillong but one problem i did not study there.
                              • s_himanshu2001
                                Message 15 of 26 , Feb 7, 2002
                                  Hi,<br>I made this club for the same purpose-
                                  finding old friends. I can't help u.. I was born in
                                  1976... and studied in BK Bajoria School upto class 2nd
                                  only (1983). Then we shifted to Lucknow.. Best part of
                                  my childhood was spent in Shillong - I wanted to
                                  relive those memories....<br><br>Good Luck to
                                  u<br>Himanshu<br>Indore
                                • balagopalnair
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Feb 9, 2002
                                    Read your message.But sorry I can*t help you
                                    right now. I worked in a bank in laithumkhra during
                                    1982-1993.I left shillong in 1997.But I keep coming to
                                    shillong during my leave. Next visit Apr-May 2002. Shall
                                    try to help you through my friends in shillong who
                                    went to the bengali girls high during 70.
                                  • laban_01
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Feb 9, 2002
                                      Thank you so much for trying to help
                                    • ayan_7m
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Feb 26, 2002
                                        Hello laban_01,<br><br>Thanks for inviting me in
                                        this club, i cd help u as my G'parents still stays
                                        their, though we (family) are not stayin anymore in
                                        laban ....we shifted in Barapani(Umiam) and at present
                                        we are staying in Laitumkharah, u can mail me with
                                        your frens lists i wd try my level
                                      • laban_01
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 4, 2002
                                          Hi thank you for replying. <br>Name of one of my friend is Swathi Chakravorty used to live in P&T colony<br>take care regard to your family
                                        • resillent
                                          Message 20 of 26 , 19 Apr 4:59 am
                                            --- In shillong2@y..., laban_01 wrote:
                                            > Hi thank you for replying. <br>Name of one of my friend is Swathi
                                            Chakravorty used to live in P&T colony<br>take care regard to your
                                            family

                                            Dear laban_01,

                                            It's always a pleasure to see folks from one's own home town,
                                            expecially so when one now dwells far away.

                                            I was born and brought up in the laps of those hills and carry a very
                                            fond and cherished memories.

                                            If I may, which school were you in and which year did you pass out?
                                            I did my schooling at LC and College at LKC
                                            Do reply if you feel like, but I shall be eagerly awaiting to hear
                                            from you.

                                            In fellowship,

                                            resillent.
                                          • resillent
                                            Message 21 of 26 , 19 Apr 5:00 am

                                              Message 22 of 26 , 23 Apr 9:10 am
                                                Hi,

                                                I have been wondering as who you are, may be I know. Ya it is not
                                                the right format to disclose it etc!!!! I went to Laban Bengali
                                                Girls' High School. Did my Metric in year 1974, then went to St.
                                                Marys College. Then moved away from Shillong. Do you do
                                                Batchmates.com?
                                                Any way if you r from thar era or know off anyone from that time
                                                please reply to my message, and I will let you know my email add.
                                                Thank you for taking interest of my message.
                                              • resillent
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Oct 23, 2002
                                                  --- In shillong2@y..., laban_01 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                                  > Hi,
                                                  >
                                                  > I have been wondering as who you are, may be I know. Ya it is not
                                                  > the right format to disclose it etc!!!! I went to Laban Bengali
                                                  > Girls' High School. Did my Metric in year 1974, then went to St.
                                                  > Marys College. Then moved away from Shillong. Do you do
                                                  > Batchmates.com?
                                                  > Any way if you r from thar era or know off anyone from that time
                                                  > please reply to my message, and I will let you know my email add.
                                                  > Thank you for taking interest of my message.

                                                  Dear Friend,
                                                  First my apology is in order, for not having replied to your mail
                                                  this long. The reality is that, this place is doing no good to any
                                                  one thus far so did not feel like logging on to it...

                                                  I do not think that I would be knowing any of your friends since I
                                                  studied if diffrent school and college then yours... though my
                                                  sisters studied in St.Marys College. But they must have either been
                                                  senior to you or junior to you, is my guess but anyway am giving you
                                                  their first names just it case it rings any bell....
                                                  Geeta,Anita,Sarita.

                                                  If you do wish to further our acquaintance then do feel free to write
                                                  to me at the e-mail address given below... I shall be pleased to to
                                                  know you too.

                                                  tenderly@...

                                                  Yours in sincerly,

                                                  Mountain_mist