1692Re: Getting to Shimla !!

  • sarju5
    Oct 24, 2004
      Hi friends

      How is the credit card scene in India .... is it sort of safe to use
      your credit card in new Delhi ... I guess this Railways website (that
      Nitin recommended) must be okay ..... i usually try to make my
      purchases in cash only .... you can call me chicken or scared but
      don't call me anti-Indian ... lols

      A friend of mine is travelling to India in November, she made some
      reservations at a hotel last week and yesterday her credit card
      showed some purchases in India that she has no idea about

      man we guys are really smart in India .... ha ha ... she has not even
      landed yet and her credit card shows some purchases that she never
      made .... i guess it is easier for us to know what to trust since we
      grow up here but it must be hard for the firangs

      cheers everyone
      Jai Hind
      sarju

      --- In Shimlahangout@..., NITYIN <bnityin@y...> wrote:
      > Hi David
      >
      > Thanks for writing.. Check out the Indian Railways website for
      availability and schedule of trains. You can reserve your seats
      online on this Railway website through credit card.

      > Only thing, the railways don't courier your ticket overseas. Check
      with your hotel in Delhi to hold tickets for you.

      > For the classes available, CC is chair car class, an air-con
      compartment. 2S is a non aircon sitting compartment.