1694Re: Shimla - Newsletter Re: Getting to Shimla !!

  • NITYIN
    Oct 26, 2004
      Hi Sarju

      Thanks for writing after such a long time... Man you are seriously missed on board..!!!

      Using credit card on Indian Railway site has never been a problem with me.. Have been using it since the service was launched for the past 1 year now. Have used it on Rediff / Bazee also and never had a problem. These sites have dedicated safe servers and if you notice the url on these sites is https://www.xyz.com than the usual http://www.xyz.com

      Giving out card numbers while making hotel, car rentals or even with the travel agents can be a big problem and is fraught of dangers of being used by some of the employees of these concerns. There was a scam earlier this year where the swiping machines were copying even pin numbers from the card.

      The other best option is to have a debit card. You can use it quite convienently and is a safer option than CC plus is widely accepted in India.

      For your friend, please inform the hotel about the fraud. The hotel must be having a reputation to protect..

      Nitin