1745Info needed

  • sohiit karol
    Feb 7, 2005

      HEY GUYS....
      I belong to shimla and might be visiting montreal from June to August, for an internship  in McGill.Right now I'm enrolled in final yr of mechanical engg. at NIT Jalandhar and which wud be completing by May.
      Cud any anyone give me an idea abt. living costs, room rents, etc. in Montreal........those guys wud be paying me 800 Ca $ pm.
      Regards,
      Sohit
      On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 sarju5 wrote :

      >Seems like we are going to have quite a few Himachalis in Canada
      >now ... thats cool
      >Welcome to the club Lovinia
      >by the way .... I am also staying in Canada (Ottawa to be precise)
      >and doing my masters in GIS (Geographical Information Systems)
      >How is the winters treating you Richard ..... I am having a blast
      >over here by the way .... I do lots of skiing and snowshoeing and
      >also some skating on the Rideau canal
      >http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/skateway/index_e.asp
      >
      >... so winters are kind of really fun for me .... neways I hope that
      >you guys are doing well too ... not just hibernating in the Canadian
      >winters and getting depressed
      >I just returned from Carnaval de Quebec and found it kind of
      >awesome ... ppl this is the only place in Canada that has some
      >culture associated with it .....i will post my photos on the net in
      >few days
      >Vande Mataram
      >cheers
      >sarju