1948Re: Shimla - Newsletter Broadband over electric line in shimla

  • Pankaj Sharma
    Mar 26, 2006
      Here is a good information from nokia website .http://www.nokia.ie/nokia/0,8764,29312,00.html
      .

      GPRS billing is done on usage basis like number of bytes uploaded/downloaded. But you do have plans like unlimited usage for as low as 500/month. Airtel gives that.

      Pankaj.

      NITYIN <bnityin@...> wrote:
      Hi Viplav.. thats interesting news... Hopefully someday the same technology may be available in our houses!

      Ok a general question l... I get a very poor speed from BSNL for internet from a landline connection here in the hills... I want to switch over to GPRS.. have heard a lot about it but have no idea how it works.. My questions are:

      • Can I make calls when connected through GPRS?
      How do they bill... meaning everytime I log on do I pay for telephone call like BSNL? I will be using net for surfing and mails.. I won't be downloading much..

      Nitin