2041Volunteer requirements

  • Varun Rattan Singh
    Nov 14, 2006
      Dear friends,

      I am forwarding some volunteer requirements with HimVani.com . If you
      are interested please write back to us. It will be of immense help if
      you can forward this mail to your friends who you think will be
      interested in associating with us.

      Carpe diem - Seize the day !

      with warm regards
      Varun

      HimVani.com

      HimVani.com is a Voice of Himachal (VOH) initiative - a sincere effort
      to generate public awareness and responsiveness towards sustainable
      living in the state of Himachal Pradesh in India. Founded in 2001, VOH,
      consisting of righteous people from all walks of life, works to create a
      civil society that respects the principle of harmonious coexistence
      without conflict. We at VOH wish to involve you in our endeavour to find
      solutions to issues like natural resource management, local
      self-governance and sustainable livelihoods.

      VOH believes in encouraging community or individual initiative at any
      level and at any place to attain empowerment of thought and
      decision-making at the grassroots level. The HimVani.com website is an
      effort to present and debate the true state of things in Himachal, and
      to act as a catalyst to trigger social consciousness.

      Volunteer requirements

      We are looking for volunteers who want to make a change in the lives of
      the silent millions.

      1. Web designer - 1 position

      If you think you are "THE ONE" who can play with the "CODE" than please
      write to us. HimVani is seeking volunteers who are ready to take
      ownership of our technology platform and provide the best services to
      our readers and writers.

      * Experience in coding open source content management systems like
      Wordpress & Drupal will help.

      * PHP, MYSQL and CSS should have been in your lexicon for atleast 1
      year.

      2. Graphics designer - 1 position
      If you think the right design means effective communication and you are
      inspired by straight lines and minimalism than please write to us. We
      are looking for designers who can work with our web team to deliver a UI
      which is easy to understand and comprehend by people who have not even
      attended a primary school.

      * Prior experience of working on UI with open source content
      management systems such as Wordpress and Drupal will help.

      * Good knowledge of Graphics designing tools

      * Ready to take ownership of graphics design work

      3. Writers

      HimVani.com is a volunteer driven site. We are bunch of enthusiasts who
      want to share with the world, the culture, traditions, and news of our
      state. If you have a story to share with our readers, than do write to
      us. If you are new to writing, than our editors will help you improve
      your stories before publishing them.

      --
      Varun Rattan Singh

      Team member
      www.HimVani.com - The Voice of Himachal
      Rediscover your roots !

      Block F 38 | Institute of Rural Management Anand | Anand | Gujarat | 388
      001 | Phone No: +91 99985 24165
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic