2420Re: Shimla - Newsletter Think of improvements rather than living with what is available

  • Viplav Khoda
    Aug 21, 2008
      Totally agree with the points raised(by both sides)

      I am a member/moderator since 2003, used to post regularly but than
      like everyone else,stopped posting. Still subscribed to feeds of the
      group and find people only posting messages 'Hello. will you be fiends
      with me'.

      Not many knows there are number of messages which are blocked,
      screened regularly. On last count I had over 250+ unread messages in
      my inbox which i solely use for the group. And that's just in 15 days,
      most of you never read those messages and that's because those
      messages are deleted/filtered/marked as spam.

      But then, like the tag line of the group itself says "Mall on the net"
      like on Mall, any one and every one is free to post as long as they
      are not spamming.

      I still like the line though.
      'Hello. will you be fiends with me'.

      And yes again its that time of the year when i pack my bags and leave
      from shimla

      regards
      viplav

      --- In Shimlahangout@..., "Moderator, ShimlaHangout"
      <shimlahangout@...> wrote:

      > Hi Rajiv You are a lucky man that you have visited Himachal at least 7
      > times and now feel boring. I have lived in Shimla for past 34 years and
      > still find it interesting. Well, it is a matter of prespective of seeing
      > things! I fail to understand the point here about taking membership
      > here. The membership is all voluntary. If one feels like joining, then a
      > warm welcome and if one feels like leaving, then it was great having you
      > with us. I beleive we live in a democracy and any one is free to express
      > his/her opinions. I can only moderate the message for offensive or
      > abusive language or the spirit of message. I cannot control the thought
      > process here. Being a public board anyone wishes to ask for info about
      > tourist places and anyone chooses to reply what is wrong with it? True
      > there is a Himachal Tourism site but human experiences are more
      > practical and more informative. Tourism site can tell you all about
      > Shimla, but never tells you that the moment you enter Shimla you are
      > highjacked by the touts and coolies. This can only be told by a member
      > living here. Please also don't be offended by the outspokenness here,
      > but there is a delete button if one does'nt feel like responding to a
      > particular message. I find people asking to have a meaningful discussion
      > but NO ONE appears to be starting one. Regards

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic