      From: pm95060 <pm95060@...>
      Subject: Shimla - Newsletter My March memories
      To: Shimlahangout@...
      Date: Wednesday, 11 March, 2009, 10:09 PM

      When I was a kid in S(h)imla, we always had a late snowfall in March.
      Just a sprinkle that would melt right away.

      But March was always warm and bright.

      Almost all my friends went away for the winter.
      Only a few hardy boys remained (perhaps we had no place to go).

      Winter was cold and damp and miserable.
      But when the snow came it was a carnival.
      Snowmen and snow fights, and sliding and sledding on the steep slopes.

      The summer went on forever.

      But come June, the tourists took over and our town
      was a cheating lover, that had no time for us locals.

      But it always came back and again we had the mall all to ourselves.

      Pradeep

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic