2566Barcamp Himachal on 28th June 2009 !

  • Varun Rattan Singh
    Jun 22, 2009
      Dear All,

      Barcamp ! Hold on, this camp has nothing to do with Beers and Bars, as
      we all tend to understand. However for the uninitiated, such camps are
      being organised all across the world to bring people together around
      ideas. I have always believed that knowledge grows if we share it and
      in that sense the First Barcamp in Himachal, hopes to bring together
      100 odd people in Shimla from Himachal as well as other innovation
      hubs in the country. The focus of this camp is Technology and
      Entrepreneurship.

      A Barcamp is an informal event where every participant has to come
      prepared with an Idea to Share. In addition, we have tied up with few,
      select first generation entrepreneurs in the state to talk about their
      stories and share them with an audience consisting of Students,
      Entrepreneurs and IT professionals. The idea behind this event is to
      create a networking forum where professionals can come together on an
      annual or a biannual basis and interact and get to know each other.

      Who knows such interactions may lead to germination of new ideas,
      seeding of initiatives and building up of an ecosystem to support new
      enterprises in our hill state.

      So hope to see some of you on 28th of June in Shimla. For more details
      log onto http://www.barcamphimachal.org

      If you like the concept and want to attend this camp, then kindly
      confirm your participation. We, the Volunteer gang for Barcamp
      Himachal need to know the exact number of participants to make
      arrangements to pack all the participants of this event. More details
      to follow soon.

      Carpe diem !

      Varun Rattan Singh
      +91 98055 10111