Re: Shimla - Newsletter Digest Number 269

  • DIMITRY POPOV
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2003
      Neetika,

      The places to go for a young honeymoon couple would be
      Chail and book a log hut in the pine forest near the
      Palace hotel. It is not too expensive and absolutely
      unspoilt and easily approachable. Just 4 hrs from
      kalka. In fact there is a train right upto Kandaghat
      and then the 1.15hrs road journey. Lovely strawberries
      on the way now a days.

      Rgds/Rajeev

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • immanueltavamani
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2009
        --- In Shimlahangout@..., DIMITRY POPOV <ruskemp2000@...> wrote:
        >Hi Neetika,
        My name is Immanuel, Im an ex Army Captain. I have spent most of my life in the State of Himachal. I did my schooling in both Shimla and subsequently in Chail. Previously the school at Chail was called the King Georges School. Now it has been rechristened as Chail Military School. It is a major feeder school for tIndian Army officers and was one of the best schools during my time.

        Well, Chail I think is the most beautiful, serene and lovely place in the world - there is something about the place which goes straight into your heart and soul and you dont want to return. I go there when I want total serenity or after a crisis. It rejuvenates me. Needless to say, I would be settling there. Infact I am likely to visit Chail in May after the elections.

        Regards. Immanuel..You can feel free to call me on my mobile # : +91-9902727874

      • n_khoda
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2009
          OMG!! How time flies, this mail is in reply of a query I had posted, 1..2..3..4..5..6 o my!! SIX years back!!
          The net has quirky ways to bring the past to present!!