Hello

  • alannox
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 18, 2003
      hi everyone- new here, was wondering if any of you could help me out
      on some queries...i need to know if Hotel Ibex in Jispa along the
      Manali-Leh route has an email address? also, regarding the tent
      colonies along the way, do we need to 'book' these in advance? how
      are they? basic? clean? quite interested in getting this info if you
      could kindly help....thanks
    • Moderator
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 18, 2003
        Hi alannox

        Thank you for posting and welcome to the group. I did the Manali - Leh route last year. The tents at Jispa you mentioned are normally booked in advance as major tour operators use them. I will forward a Delhi number where you can enquire about reservations at Jispa, tomorrow. This year as I hear and as an indication from the Lonely planet's Thorn tree, there is quite a lot of rush on this route. Last two years have been sluggish season in this sector due to war mongering on the border.

        There is another HPTDC run tented accomdation at Sarchu. Now if you prebook from Manali they charge Rs. 500/- but if you enquire at Sarchu, you may get a tent for Rs. 300/- for two person with dinner and breakfast, depends how good a bargainer you are :)) There are tents at Darcha, Pang and Udaipur also where the locals charge 80 - 100 bucks per person. Its basically a big tent with four or five person sharing and its comfortable. Bedding is normally provided but carrying a sleeping bag is always helpful.

        There is another member Sarju5 who can give more information. Guess it must be morning time in Canada and he would be logging in soon.

        Will post the Delhi number tomorrow... BTW you are from which place?

        Nitin

      • sarju5
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 18, 2003
          Hi Nitin and Alonnox

          I think that Nitin has done a pretty good job in telling about the
          accomodations .... well the thing about the accomodations on this
          route is that they keep on changing every year and I really don't
          have any idea about whats there right now

          and secondly I had biked (bicycled) the route in offseason (late
          oct) .... I was carrying my own sleeping bag, tent and other
          stuff ... so I really don't have much of an idea about the
          accomodations enroute .... but I did stayed with the loacals few
          times and also with the tribal people at the base of Taglang La and
          they were pretty cool ... but do make a deal about how much money is
          it going to cost before settling down ... few locals can be a bit
          greedy

          well thats all for now .... have fun
          Ciao
          Sarju

          PS - It is great to hear about Himachal's leap in progress on all
          fronts ... it is so much developed on many fronts especially when you
          compare it with Uttranchal ..... and now its leaps as compared to
          Punjab and Haryana .... well that was really cool to hear ... it
          filled my heart with pride ...
        • Moderator
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 19, 2003
            Alannox..

            Here is the number for Ibex Jispa 01902 - 252538 or in case you are calling from outside India, dial  0091 - 1902 - 252538. This is a Manali number and you can speak to Mr Bir Singh. This year they have wound up Delhi office. Sorry no emails, you will have to call them

            Sarju.. nice to hear from you.. Mate wanted to tell you about a Hindi Radio station on the net. Log on to Netscape.com Click on radio and select 'world' from the list of stations. You will find two stations - Bollywood and Music of India. Both are pretty good. You don't evev have to register on the site. The choice of songs is pretty good today on 'Bollywood' as they are playing all rain songs.. a perfect match to my mood with monsoons in full fury outside!

            Nitin

          • alannox
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 19, 2003
              thank you to Nitin and Sarju- fantastic bits of advice!

              cheers
            • sarju5
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 20, 2003
                Cheers to Nitin

                Hey thanks a lot for the Netscape.com mate ..... it had two hindi
                radio stations .... "Bollywood" and "Music of India" .... both of
                them are pretty good .... It was really good to listen to hindi
                radio after such a long time ..... I did had MSN music and there is
                also this MusicMatch on my computer .... but both of them had
                nothing on Bollywood ....

                I downloaded the Netscape Radio on my computer .... so it is going
                to be pretty easy for me to listen to hindi music now. .... thanks a
                lot again

                I used to watch the hindi movie videos at
                http://ww.smashits.com/index.cfm?Page=Video
                but nothing like listening to the radio

                btw ... that is a very good picture of Suraj Tal .... I heard that
                they changed the name of Suraj Tal to honour some person who had
                died in the Kargil war ... can't remember the name ...

                Okay than thats all for now .... nice to know about the monsoon ...
                it was desperately needed this year ..... it has its own charm ....
                my fav place to visit in the rain used to be Dharamsala .... it
                rains quite a lot over there

                Cheers
                Sarju

                btw .. just wanted to share a fact that world record for highest
                rainfall in a year is held by Chirapunji which recorded a rainfall
                of 26,000 mm in 1860 .... Impressive eh .... avg annual rainfall
                for Chirapunji is around 11,000 mm I believe ..... Dharamsala gets
                around 2,500 mm of annual rainfall I guess
                ALL FIGURES ARE APPROXIMATION AND I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THEM EITHER
              • ajar vashisth
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 28, 2004
                  Hello everyone ,
                  I am a former resident of shimla and would like to be part of this
                  group .My details are

                  Name : Ajar
                  Profession :  Software
                  Current City : Bangalore

                  Thanks,
                  Ajar

                • Pandit Ji
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 29, 2004

                    hi
                    i m arun sharma .
                    i m in final year ,doing engg
                    i have got a job offer from a software company-perrot system tsi ltd i need ur help
                    should i join this company or not
                    bye
                    Arun

                  • pankaj sharma

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 31, 2004

                        pankaj sharma <noisee_77@...> wrote:
                        Hi Arun,
                        I am not sure, but if you are reffering to the same Perrot Systems which was HCL-Perrot Systems sometime back then its a nice offer to start with. One of my very good friends is working there. If you give me the specifics, i can check with him.

                        Thanks.....Pankaj.
                        hi
                        yes this is same company which u had reffered.
                        My name is Arun Sharma.
                        and i m final year student in NIT Hamirpur.In on campus interview i got the same.i wil, be obliged if u can check with ur friend plz.
                        Thanks
                        bye
                        Arun

                        Pandit Ji <arun_panditji@...> wrote:

                        hi
                        i m arun sharma .
                        i m in final year ,doing engg
                        i have got a job offer from a software company-perrot system tsi ltd i need ur help
                        should i join this company or not
                        bye
                        Arun

                      • ishad aggarwal
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 2, 2004
                          hi ajar
                          iam taz(ishad).....finally some body from shimla down south.....i am doing medicine from chennai.........glad to know u
                          bye
                          take care

                          ajar vashisth <ajarvashisth@...> wrote:
                          Hello everyone ,
                          I am a former resident of shimla and would like to be part of this
                          group .My details are

                          Name : Ajar
                          Profession :  Software
                          Current City : Bangalore

                          Thanks,
                          Ajar

                        • Nitin Chauhan
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 2, 2004
                            Hi Arun...
                            well if ur concern is just about to know the company overall profile
                            then this will be a good start for u, as the Perot system TSI is good
                            company to work for also the Comp has its brand name too.

                            check the link - http://www.dqindia.com/dqtop20/2004/compdetails.asp?
                            artid=59869&rank=30

                            all the best!

                            Regards
                            Nitin

                            --- In Shimlahangout@..., pankaj sharma
                            <noisee_77@y...> wrote:
                            > Hi Arun,
                            > I am not sure, but if you are reffering to the same Perrot Systems
                            which was HCL-Perrot Systems sometime back then its a nice offer to
                            start with. One of my very good friends is working there. If you give
                            me the specifics, i can check with him.

                            > Thanks.....Pankaj.
                            >
                            > Pandit Ji <arun_panditji@y...> wrote:
                            >

                            > hi
                            > i m arun sharma .
                            > i m in final year ,doing engg
                            > i have got a job offer from a software company-perrot system tsi
                            ltd i need ur help
                            > should i join this company or not
                            > bye
                            > Arun

                            Service.

                          • kamlesh katoch
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 25, 2007
                              Hello Everyone,

                              This is Kamlesh Katoch,I am a resident of Mumbai since the last 44 years,and my roots are in Village Molaga, Tehsil Palampur,Distt Kangra.I am working as a Senior Manager with "Sangam Direct" an earstwhile divison of Hindustan Lever Limited.

                              Regards

                              K.Katoch

                            • Manohar Banger
                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 25, 2007
                                Hello. I'm Manohar_banger from Nahan I want to be friend of you all what ''ll you say have a nice day and wish u happy charistmas day.....

                                Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                              • Ricky chopra
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 25, 2007
                                  ofcourse ,whynot we are frns now me from mandi

                                  On 12/25/07, Manohar Banger <manohar_banger@...> wrote:

                                  Hello. I&#39;m Manohar_banger from Nahan I want to be friend of you all what &#39;&#39;ll you say have a nice day and wish u happy charistmas day.....

                                  Looking for last minute shopping deals?

                                • Raman Thakur
                                  Message 16 of 21 , 15 Jan 3:23 am
                                    Hey,

                                    Myself Raman Thakur from Himachal Pradesh and always in touch with new friends.

                                    As said friend in need is friend indeed. So I believe in this type of friendship.

                                    And wishing a Very Happy New Year-2008 to all out there.

                                    Hope to recieve a message from you very soon.

                                    Till than take care and bye.

                                  • bhupender prasher

                                      Message 18 of 21 , 29 Jan 5:32 am
                                        hello goodevining.raman how are u?i am sadiq from himachalpradesh.
                                      • francisbryan25
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jun 7, 2008
                                          Hz shimla
                                        • Anil kumar Sharma
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Aug 22, 2010
                                            Kindly refer to your email
                                            1. My name is Anil Kumar Sharma
                                            2. And I am now a Student.
                                            3. I am a resident of Nahan town.

                                            This is my personal information for your kind information.

                                          • DIAMOND AFL
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Aug 24, 2010
                                              im rajiv from delhi, belongs to bhopal , mp
                                              doing job in stock market, and doing networking business also
                                              thanx to all hp friends
                                              pls keep in touch

                                              This is my personal information for your kind information.