Shimla info required

  • David Robert
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2004
      Hi Everyone ;
      My name is David . I have been loking for Shimla contact for some time and glad to find this group .
      I live in Japan but am Canadian and have a business here for about 15 yrs .�
      The reason for my interest in India and Shimla is because my family lived in Shimla and other areas of India till 1949 .� I have never been to India but look forward to coming some day .
      I am mostly interested in the history of Shimla, what goes on there now and anyone can contact me .
      Till then
      Regards to all
      david

    • sanjay versain
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2004
        For David...

        Homecoming still is a great feeling in the times of
        `The Global Soul', I hope you agree. I remember this
        book `The Global Soul by Pico Aiyer - an author with
        Indian parents, born in England, having spend most of
        his time in the US, and now staying in Japan. He says
        there is noting called a home for the global msoul, if
        there is - it's the new age airport. But I dissagree,
        and your mail supports my point of view. There is a
        home, one that is always calling you from within.
        Anyway, your Simla has over the time has become
        Shimla, and if in the pre-independence days it were
        the white rulers who made to the newspaper headlines,
        now we have their ghosts foing the same. I remember
        (being a journalist) several stories titles something
        like `Haunted houses in Shimla', or simpley `Imperial
        ghosts'. But besides the spirits, there are the living
        ghosts too in the city waiting for their time. But
        Shimla's saviour is certainly the globetrotter - the
        one who is looking for his roots, here and there
        (Shimla included), and that's what gives this town its
        new identity - it's the place from where the mighty
        Bitish once rules India. And it's true, the town makes
        you feel so.

        Regards,
        Sanjay

        --- David Robert <canada_water04@...> wrote:
        > Hi Everyone ;
        > My name is David . I have been loking for Shimla
        > contact for some time and glad to find this group .
        > I live in Japan but am Canadian and have a business
        > here for about 15 yrs .
        > The reason for my interest in India and Shimla is
        > because my family lived in Shimla and other areas of
        > India till 1949 . I have never been to India but
        > look forward to coming some day .
        > I am mostly interested in the history of Shimla,
        > what goes on there now and anyone can contact me .
        > Till then
        > Regards to all
        > david

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • sarju5
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2004
          David .... man you have no idea what you are missing .... it is
          quite a place ... I immigrated to Canada three years ago and I miss
          Himachal like anything ..... travelling in Himachal is cultural
          extravaganza, quite unlike what we experience over here in Canada. I
          am currently staying in Ottawa .... let me know in case you need
          some more info

          cheers
          Sarju