Its not funny..try it once..

  • tarun sharma
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2005
      Hi,
      This is true. U wanna make money...
      BElieve it or not but its that simple.
      Juz give it a try..
      it wont take much of ur time but may be u get some
      $...

      http://www.surfjunky.com/?r=Tarun322

      Regards
      Tarun

    • ankush_chowdhary
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2005
        Hi Tarun,
        Dont mind my saying that but this post of yours, how has this got
        anything to do with "Shimlahangout" and the topic the forum is based
        on.

        I think we get enough spam in our mailboxes already!!Please stick to
        the topic.

        Nitin I think members should to get posts in the mailbox releavant
        to the "group" not this, I think you should make posts to be
        moderated ,not my place to say that but just a suggestion, you the
        best one to decide :-).

        Ankush,

        --- In Shimlahangout@..., tarun sharma
        <tarunhi_tarun@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > This is true. U wanna make money...
        > BElieve it or not but its that simple.
        > Juz give it a try..
        > it wont take much of ur time but may be u get some
        > $...
        >
        > http://www.surfjunky.com/?r=Tarun322
        >
        > Regards
        > Tarun
      • Nitin
        Message 3 of 7 , May 19, 2005
          Dear Chief...

          The posts here are moderated and members who give there details and
          have posted relevant posts in past are allowed to post directly on
          board. Rest all posts are moderated.

          Amount of junk posted here is quite less and this post has happened
          out of the blue... The poster is back on moderated list.

          Nitin
        • ankush_chowdhary
          Message 4 of 7 , May 19, 2005
            Awesome nityn I wasn't sure how you manage it but its just that I am
            a bit critical, I like to go to shimlhangout and read shimla stuff
            and meet shimla people and help and get help but you know at times
            some users just abuse the privilage.

            And ya i am still waiting for that ishimla thing you keen drop me a
            mail.

            cheers
            ankush
          • Sepel
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 26, 2005
              As far as i have heard. Bridges washed includes
              Karcham and choling. So entry to Rekong Peo, Kalpa and
              interior kinnaur through NH-22 is blocked.
              While entry to sangla valley through private bridge of
              Jai Prakash industries is open (as main bridge is
              washed away) small vehicles only. So tourists would
              have to re think the plans for foray in kinnaur. Those
              visting Sangla can do so. News story follows.

              http://www.ndtv.com/topstories/showtopstory.asp?slug=Areas+along+Sutlej+in+HP+on+high+alert&id=17176
              NDTV Correspondent

              Sunday, June 26, 2005 (New Delhi):

              A high alert has been sounded in areas along the
              Sutlej river valley in Himachal Pradesh following a
              sudden rise in the level of the Parechu.

              The water level of Parechu, a tributary of Satluj
              which rose by 40 to 50 feet has been attributed to the
              melting of glaciers.

              Local officials say at least two upstream bridges have
              been washed away and traffic was disrupted on the
              Hindustan-Tibet highway, which serves as a crucial
              road link to the remote border areas.

              According to latest reports, water has reportedly
              entered Rampur - a major town on the banks of the
              Sutlej.

              "The waters entered around 5 pm. It rose by 10-12 feet
              but they later started receding," said D K Rattam,
              SDM, Rampur.

              Precautionary measure

              About 5,000 people from various parts of the valley
              have been evacuated. The people living along the banks
              of Sutlej were shifted to safer places as a
              precautionary measure.

              Adding to the concern is the danger posed by the lake
              formed by landslides on the Parechu in Tibet. Many
              fear that this lake could burst causing a flash flood.

              Officials think that the sudden rise in the Parechu
              could be because this lake is leaking or because of
              rapidly melting snow.

              High-level meeting

              In a bid to assess the situation, the Centre held an
              emergency meeting today.

              "Nearly 5,000 people from three villages along the
              200-km stretch of Sutlej river have been evacuated to
              safer places as a precautionary measure," Home
              Secretary V K Duggal told reporters.

              The hour-long emergency meeting was chaired by Cabinet
              Secretary B K Chaturvedi in which secretaries of all
              ministries and army and para-military forces were
              present.

              Duggal said MI-7 and MI-8 helicopters have been asked
              to be ready at Chandigarh airbase to meet any
              eventuality.

              Air Force on standby

              The high alert has been sounded in the areas of
              Kinnaur, Rampur, Mandi and Bilaspur. The highway
              leading to Kinnaur has been closed to traffic.

              Meanwhile, IAF choppers carried out a recce operation
              to assess the flood situation in Himachal Pradesh.

              "The Air Force is standing by to help the state
              government in evacuation and rescue and relief
              operations," Airforce spokesman Squadron Leader Mahesh
              Upasani said.

              "We have all the arrangements ready. All the officials
              know about this and people have been cautioned," said
              Vidhya Stokes, Power Minister, Himachal Pradesh.

              Meanwhile, the Chinese Ambassador to India has assured
              India a regular exchange of information on the
              situation of the artificial lake formed on the Parechu
              river in Tibet just before it enters India.

              Nathpa power project

              The Nathpa-Jhakri project Authority, which shut down
              its power station yesterday due to heavy silting,
              opened the gates of the dam to flush out water.

              According to reports, the discharge of water in Satluj
              at Nathpa was 1600 cumex (Cubic metres per sec)
              resulting in silt content to 8000 ppm (parts per
              million), which was 3000 ppm above the maximum
              permissible limit.

              On its part, the government says the Nathpa-Jhakri
              power project which supplies the northern grid is
              unaffected and is shut for routine maintenance.

              The alert in the Sutlej valley is likely to continue
              for the next few days. But with the monsoon hitting
              Himachal Pradesh today the situation is likely to
              remain tense. (With PTI inputs)

              Yahoo! Sports
              http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
            • Nitin
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
                Dear Tenzin

                Satluj was all fury.. was at Luhri bridge when water passed through.
                Satluj was just 5 feet the bridge.. Last time it was flowing above the
                bridge. Was at Rampur yesterday.. Nogli is washed up... the BBMB
                chowki just after Nogli is washed up.. The river cut though the road.
                Again the road near Nirmand bridge has been washed out. The new bridge
                to Nirmand is still there but the old bailey bridge was washed off.

                Road has been cleared till Tapri.. Peo will be open in a few days.

                Nitin
              • Sepel
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2005
                  Hi Nitiin

                  Thanx for the information. Yes, i followed up on the
                  situation back home. It wasn`t rosy. The improtance of
                  this highway is clearly not lost on anyone(state and
                  centre). I have heard that the PWD is trying hard on
                  it.
                  I think GOVT of Himachal should hand over the road to
                  BRO( Border Road organisation) back from Rampur to
                  Kaurik. Right now they handle it somewhere around
                  Tapri. Those people have the necessary
                  manpower,expertise and infrastructure to properly
                  address these issues at war footing, its apart of
                  Ministry of Defense if people are wondering. So, the
                  central govt foots in the bill. Remember, this road
                  used to fall under BRO but was given back to state
                  govt sometime in early 80`s.

                  Without roads anyplace is as backward as you can
                  imagine. If i am not wrong, those roadblocked regions
                  right now would be seeing prices skyrocketing and
                  blackmarketing taking over. I sincerely hope that
                  those are under check. There is sufficient storage
                  facility in kinnaur to last for 2 to 3 months, so the
                  onus is on the local administration now. Common people
                  should not be made to pay for nature`s fury.

                  Satluj in its fury is unrepenting and those who have
                  seen the river would know what i am talking about.
                  Let`s hope that before the cash crops like apple and
                  other fruits start moving out, roads are ready unlike
                  2001 when crores worth of apples got rotten. The army
                  and navy did a splendid job back then though.

                  While the national limelight has been lost again from
                  the issue due to unprecedented damage in gujarat. I
                  sincerely hope that the central govt is chalking some
                  strategy to handle this issue. May be, build a new
                  Hindustan Tibet road high up in the reaches. If you
                  people dont remeber, this used to be the case before
                  NH 22 opened up. The earlier road used to be from
                  Sarahan and ended up in sangla if i am not wrong, it
                  was a narrow jeep road basically. This route is still
                  being used for trekking purpose and by shepherds,
                  gujjars alike. (Its very scenic as it moves along the
                  high passes)
                  Moreover Himachal govt needs a new Public relation
                  head too. This flooding made people believe that it
                  affected the whole of himachal which led to
                  cancellation of torusits during the peak season. All
                  this tourism and internal development is a sham if we
                  dont have a robust communication and transportation
                  line. Infrastucture development should be a priority
                  and the development shouldnt be restricted to some
                  pockets of himachal.

                  later
                  Tenzin