Spammers on cellphone!!!!!!!

  • NITYIN
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2006
      Hi folks

      Some guys have been calling my wife on her cellfone and speaking all kind of trash for the past one month..... I did a little detective work and have traced down the number which is from a different district... Today I talked to the guy and he was literally crying and begged not to report to him to the police as he claimed he was a student...

      These chaps have made our lives hell for the past one month... Today even his mother asked not to report the matter to the police... but what about our lives when we were listneing to all the trash for entire month... Shall I report to the matter to the Police or the guy is trying to save his skin....??

    • viplav
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2006
        hi Nityin,

        this is really sad that youth of our county try these kinds of thing
        to get some kick out of it. May be the real reason is that that guy
        is a dunb, or y else someone call on a cell phone when whole world
        knows that the called person gets the nmber flashed on his screa.

        Reporting to the police might not help, as police in our beloved
        country is never intrested in solving any thing. Maybe only thing
        that you can do is to tell that guy that you know some big shot
        police officee in his area and that should frighten him.

        on the other hand during my school days i had also given some
        cranked calls, but thank god caller id or cell phones were not
        available at that time.
        lucky me

        regards
        viplav k
        --- In Shimlahangout@..., NITYIN <bnityin@y...> wrote:

        > Hi folks
        >
        > Some guys have been calling my wife on her cellfone and speaking
        all kind of trash for the past one month..... I did a little
        detective work and have traced down the number which is from a
        different district... Today I talked to the guy and he was literally
        crying and begged not to report to him to the police as he claimed
        he was a student...

        > These chaps have made our lives hell for the past one month...
        Today even his mother asked not to report the matter to the
        police... but what about our lives when we were listneing to all the
        trash for entire month... Shall I report to the matter to the Police
        or the guy is trying to save his skin....??

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously
        low rates.

      • Tenzin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2006
          Hi Nityin

          I think it is really unfortunate and disturbing to go through this.

          I ll suggest that you ask him to meet you. And tender in written an apology saying he is sorry and he means it. And next time if he does that again. You will turn him to police. If he wants his mother to be there, fine enough. The mothers are awalys sensible and this will make sure such sort of unruly behaviour doesnt happen.

          Thing is if he is sorry and he means it. He would not repeat the behaviour. But if he takes it that you are not taking things seriously and you are easily forgiving. Then this thing might possibly happen again.

          Reporting to police as an FIR would only make police act on it. But that would also means all sort of hassles for you too. You know how it is. Best way is to resolve it amicably yet firmly.

          Regards
          Tenzin

          Shimlahangout@... wrote:
          There are 2 messages in this issue.

          Topics in this digest:

          1. Spammers on cellphone!!!!!!!
          From: NITYIN
          2. Re: Spammers on cellphone!!!!!!!
          From: "viplav"

          Message: 1
          Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:24:00 -0700 (PDT)
          From: NITYIN
          Subject: Spammers on cellphone!!!!!!!

          Hi folks

          Some guys have been calling my wife on her cellfone and speaking all kind of trash for the past one month..... I did a little detective work and have traced down the number which is from a different district... Today I talked to the guy and he was literally crying and begged not to report to him to the police as he claimed he was a student...

          These chaps have made our lives hell for the past one month... Today even his mother asked not to report the matter to the police... but what about our lives when we were listneing to all the trash for entire month... Shall I report to the matter to the Police or the guy is trying to save his skin....??

          [This message contained attachments]

          Message: 2
          Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:48:14 -0000
          From: "viplav"