Think of improvements rather than living with what is available

  • rajivmehta49
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 20, 2008
      Hi to Every body,
      This is Rajiv,
      I hv been watching news letters and various communications on Himachal
      Pradesh. Every body is talking about visiting Shimla is that the only
      motto of this group?
      We all are grownup, has ever thought of children, how they can enjoy
      Himachal?
      Why not we turn n lookup on improvement in Himachal Pradesh for
      children n give some good suggestions too. The group, I am sure must be
      in touch with Development Authority and they will do some thing for
      them which will give benifits / devident to Himachal Pradesh.
      Thanks for the time give to read this small letter.
      Rajiv
    • amit dhiman
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
        Dear Rajiv,

        You have very rightly said and i agree to your opinion ,I am also very much upset on the quality of information flowing through this group which i feel is purely a waste of time for everydoby , every time i open my mail to expect some information on the devlopment of HP and get nothing but disappointment,  , i cannot post any ionformation for the fact that i am not in india and working abraod.

        I humbly request to all of you right there to stop this non sense and rather shift your focus on delivering some informative information  regarding education, sports, development etc.ets, we as an educated lots sould guide the future generations to grow and achieve something in life rather than sitting in cyber cafes and wasting our time in chatting and forwarding unnecessary mails.
        We have to think much more than just shimla or minjar..

        May I please request the group owner to do something on the quality of this group.

        I am really sorry if i have offended anybody ,my intentions are not to hurt  but to give my views......

        There is much more interesting site owned by HP guys living in USA www.himachal.us just check this out.

        Thanks and regards
        Amit

        I hv been watching news letters and various communications on Himachal
        Pradesh. Every body is talking about visiting Shimla is that the only
        motto of this group?
        We all are grownup, has ever thought of children, how they can enjoy
        Himachal?
        Why not we turn n lookup on improvement in Himachal Pradesh for
        children n give some good suggestions too. The group, I am sure must be
        in touch with Development Authority and they will do some thing for
        them which will give benifits / devident to Himachal Pradesh.
        Thanks for the time give to read this small letter.
        Rajiv

      • Moderator, ShimlaHangout
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
          Hi Amit

          Thanks for sending your valueable feedback and mentioning about the 'quality of this group'. You just cannot imagine how much work is done to maintain the quality of group. I get around 250 mails daily, 3/4th of which never reach your mailboxes which are spams in fact. Most of the members here are first timers trying there hands on the net, half of which are not sure how much liberty to take on the a public message board and the other half are the brash types caring two hoots for the liberty and pass on messages which cannot be published on this message board.

          I have never positioned this group as a think-tank for Himachal right from the begining as other group - Himvani is doing this job commendably and the weblogs Himavani and Himachal.us take care of this aspect in a proper manner. Though I have have never ever blocked any posts on issues concerning the state. It is the positioning of this group, the header says it all - The Mall on the Net - letting people know each other from the state.

          Life would be damn boring if every Himachal group were to discuss Himachal related issues. Let people mingle here!

          You are most welcome to start any discussion on this group

          Regards

          Nityin

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
            Dear Nithyn,

            Thanks for your  expected prompt reaction , i never knew this group is ment for people to mingle around and just a training group for first timers, anyways buddy I  appreciate your effort and patience to maintain this group and definately undestand the problems assocaited with it.

            I am sorry to say but i feel your effort in making this group interesting rather than think tank is not at all working and you are wasting your time.

            Please accept my apologies as i was thinking little different when i joined this group.

            Thanks to delete me from your mailing list.

            Good luck
            Amit

          • Rajiv Mehta
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
              Dear Nithyn,
              I also started thinking in same line, for ur information I visited Himachal aqtleast seven times, n now feel boring bcz it is same since last five years,
              . That time also there was nothing interesting 4 childern as it is now.
              Plz make it clear that this activity is related to first time visitor only so that people a;ready visited do not take membership.
              What to see in Shimla and in Himachal Pradesh is given in Himachal Tourism web site and no membership of ur site is required to tell wht
              at to see.
              Pl don't mind my outspoken method but if u ask people, the tourists what they were looking for and what they could achieve will be better to improve through their i9nput.
              I appreciate your efforts in this field and extend all cooperation in improving.
              Regards,
              Raqjiv

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                Hi Amit, thanks,

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                  Hi Amit

                  Before you sign off, here is a last mail from my end. I never thought of this as a training ground but yes this is someplace for starting some light hearted conversation. A light hearted conversation can though start a riot here on board with messages like.. Hi, I am Swati from Mandi... and you have people giving there entire bio-data on the message board. I do not approve such messages in general but in time of long inactivity, I sometimes let the messages go through to let the riot happen on this board. It is interesting to read so many mails and going into the minds of people writing them. These of course never reach your mail box.

                  I appreciate that you have appreciated the effort here. Don't mind about me wasting my time.  I have nothing better to do.

                  Regards
                • Moderator, ShimlaHangout
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                    Hi Rajiv

                    You are a lucky man that you have visited Himachal at least 7 times and now feel boring. I have lived in Shimla for past 34 years and still find it interesting. Well, it is a matter of prespective of seeing things!

                    I fail to understand the point here about taking membership here. The membership is all voluntary. If one feels like joining, then a warm welcome and if one feels like leaving, then it was great having you with us. I beleive we live in a democracy and any one is free to express his/her opinions. I can only moderate the message for offensive or abusive language or the spirit of message. I cannot control the thought process here. Being a public board anyone wishes to ask for info about tourist places and anyone chooses to reply what is wrong with it? True there is a Himachal Tourism site but human experiences are more practical and more informative. Tourism site can tell you all about Shimla, but never tells you that the moment you enter Shimla you are highjacked by the touts and coolies. This can only be told by a member living here.

                    Please also don't be offended by the outspokenness here, but there is a delete button if one does'nt feel like responding to a particular message. I find people asking to have a meaningful discussion but NO ONE appears to be starting one.

                    Regards

                  • Deevil Angel
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                      Wll  I am happy now this group mailing continously

                      "Moderator, ShimlaHangout" <shimlahangout@...> wrote:
                      Hi Amit

                      Before you sign off, here is a last mail from my end. I never thought of this as a training ground but yes this is someplace for starting some light hearted conversation. A light hearted conversation can though start a riot here on board with messages like.. Hi, I am Swati from Mandi... and you have people giving there entire bio-data on the message board. I do not approve such messages in general but in time of long inactivity, I sometimes let the messages go through to let the riot happen on this board. It is interesting to read so many mails and going into the minds of people writing them. These of course never reach your mail box.

                      I appreciate that you have appreciated the effort here. Don't mind about me wasting my time.  I have nothing better to do.

                      Regards

                              shimlian is rocking

                    • Moderator, ShimlaHangout
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                        Today.. I've nothing better to do so sitting on the group.

                        You guys need to be posting here regularly but refrain from the 'Hello' messages!

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                          ok wht type of message u want I definately send in this group

                        • Moderator, ShimlaHangout
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                            Start telling us some good points of Shimla town and some negative.
                          • Viplav Khoda
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                              Totally agree with the points raised(by both sides)

                              I am a member/moderator since 2003, used to post regularly but than
                              like everyone else,stopped posting. Still subscribed to feeds of the
                              group and find people only posting messages 'Hello. will you be fiends
                              with me'.

                              Not many knows there are number of messages which are blocked,
                              screened regularly. On last count I had over 250+ unread messages in
                              my inbox which i solely use for the group. And that's just in 15 days,
                              most of you never read those messages and that's because those
                              messages are deleted/filtered/marked as spam.

                              But then, like the tag line of the group itself says "Mall on the net"
                              like on Mall, any one and every one is free to post as long as they
                              are not spamming.

                              I still like the line though.
                              'Hello. will you be fiends with me'.

                              And yes again its that time of the year when i pack my bags and leave
                              from shimla

                              regards
                              viplav

                              --- In Shimlahangout@..., "Moderator, ShimlaHangout"

                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                                Ha..ha.. that one liner is the classic one! :((

                                Welcome back Viplav! So when do I see you back in Shimla. Its raining cats and dogs here.

                                > I still like the line though.
                                > 'Hello. will you be fiends with me'.

                              • vickey_kapoor_1989
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 21, 2008
                                  thanks i will try best and to be with my own people
                                • ishikavinay
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 22, 2008
                                    in dec