File - Guidelines for Members - IMPORTANT - Please do not delete

  • trainers_forum@yahoogroups.co.in
    Message 1 of 179 , Jan 1, 2008
      Dear Trainers Forum Members,

      As a group of professionals, we would request you to follow these guidelines in the larger interests of the group. Being the largest community of Trainers in India (& beyond!), we will need to exercise some discipline. We certainly hope that all the members would abide by these guidelines.

      Our vision:

      To be the best-in-class and one of the finest online communities for Trainers & HR Professionals in India and beyond!

      Our Mission:

      To create a platform for all Trainers, Educators and HR professionals from various industries and verticals to network, interact, share best practices, discuss and debate issues and concerns regarding Learning, Training & Development.

      Please participate fully in the discussions that happen in the group. This should be mutual. You should be able to contribute as well as gain from the group. This is a moderated group and your comments are likely to be EDITED or REJECTED, if they do not conform to the group guidelines. However, please maintain the decorum as expected in any professional environment.

      Personal attacks will not be allowed. Please keep the discussion focused on the on �issues� rather than the personalities involved.

      Posting:

      Think before you post any message to the group. We are purely a "discussion group" to discuss and debate issues regarding Learning, Training & Development. In case of any mail �forwards�, please double check and be sure of what you are posting. There are a lot of junk mail and warning messages, which are floating on the net for quite while now. Please cross check with websites like �www.truthorfiction.com� or �www.snopes.com� to verify if the contents of the mail are genuine.

      Even though we welcome humour, please avoid posting silly jokes and other junk. We are a group of professionals and not a �high-school� networking group.

      Please stay clear of messages which are of a religious or political in nature. Trainers Forum wishes to be "non-political" and "non-religious" group.

      Job ads & Public training programmes / workshops:

      We do not allow posting of any "Job Vacancies" or paid "Training Programmes / Workshops". However, as an value add to our members, we would allow information of programmes / workshops which offer a minimum of 20% discount exclusively to "TRAINERS FORUM" members. Members also have the option of advertising on our website �www.trainersforum.in� in the TRAINING CALENDAR section at reasonable rates. Please mail us at "advertise@..." for rates and other details.

      Trainers Forum Careers:

      This group is a brand extension of Trainers Forum and focusses on career related issues including "Job Postings", career planning, articles on career growth etc ...

      To join Trainers Forum Careers group, please mail us at "moderators@...". Or else, to join directly send a blank e-mail to "trainersforumcareers-subscribe@..."

      Trainers Forum Workshops:

      This is another brand extension of Trainers Forum. Members can list public training programmes / workshops. Freelance trainers and training companies can forward their profiles and programmes to this group.

      To join Trainers Forum Workshops group, please mail us at "moderators@...". Or else, to join directly send a blank e-mail to "trainersforumworkshops-subscribe@..."

      Replies to messages:

      All replies to any message posted on the group, go directly to the SENDER. If your reply is meant for all members of the group, please use "REPLY to All" option. Please use "Reply All" option only if your reply benefits all the members.

      Please ensure that past emails / messages are �TRIMMED�, while replying to a message, to keep the size of your mail under check. The header of the past email may be retained to maintain continuity.

      File sharing:

      Attachments like MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Text files etc., are permitted along with your email messages. You can also upload files in the yahoogroups webpage. Please check details on

      More files are available on:

      http://trainersforum.in/downloads/default.asp%ef%bf%bd

      We presume that the attachments and other messages posted by the members are �copyright� free.

      How do I invite my friends/colleagues to join the forum?

      This is quite easy. Please forward their e-mail ids to us at �moderators@...�, so that we could send them an invite or else, ask them to send a blank e-mail to:
      trainers_forum-subscribe@...� to be added to the group. We would welcome anyone with an inclination towards Learning, Training & Development.

      Website:

      Please take some time out to checkout our website �www.trainersforum.in� The members directory, which has the directory of the members is listed on the website with e-mail ids. Any articles to be published and suggestions to make the website better are always welcome. You may forward your requests to "webmaster@...".

      Daily digest:

      If you feel the number of messages that are posted in the group is too large for you to handle, you can opt for the DAILY DIGEST format. The daily digest consolidates all the messages posted in a day and this is sent as �one email� to you. However, please note that you will not be able to access any attachments and these are not stored on the archives feature in yahoogroups with the DIGEST option.

      To change your settings to daily digest, send an email to:
      trainers_forum-digest@...

      Queries:

      In case you have any queries or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the moderators at "moderators@..."

      Attention REDIFFMAIL users:

      Some of the Rediffmail users may not be receiving Yahoogroups messages
      as their email ids have been bouncing yahoogroup messages. THIS HAPPENS
      VERY OFTEN.

      The Moderators have a tough time unbouncing e-mail ids. If wish to continue receiving messages from TRAINERS FORUM, you could consider switching to e-mail ids of Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail or any other e-mail id of yours.

      DISCLAIMER:

      Trainers Forum as a group does not vouch for, nor is responsible for any claims made by Advertisers, Individuals or Training Agencies which are posted on the group mailing list or our website. Members are recommended to make proper enquiries and seek appropriate advice before sending money, incurring any expenses, acting on recommendations or entering into any commitment in relation to any of the messages posted on the group mailing list or our website �www.trainersforum.in�. The Moderators or the Webmaster will not be liable for any damage caused.

      Members' Directory:

      To access the members� directory, please cut and paste the following link on your web browser:

      http://trainersforum.in/membership/defaultmembers.asp

      If wish you have your name listed on our website, please complete the membership form available in the "membership" section of our website and have the same forwarded to "membership@...".

      Group id on the web:

      Website: www.trainersforum.in

      We look forward to your ACTIVE participation in the group.

      Thanks & regards,

      The Moderators.

      http://trainersforum.in

      MODERATORS: